October 20, 2019

foreign package title

International Programs

We offer both of the two general types of international package programs:

  • Foreign Package for insureds which do not have registered subsidiaries outside the U.S.A. and 
  • Controlled Master Programs (“CMPs”) for insureds which do have subsidiaries outside the U.S.A.

We also offer mono-line Kidnap, Ransom and ExtortionBusiness Travel Accident and Political Risk Insurance. 

Foreign Package

Foreign Packages are issued in the U.S.A. with a broad menu of coverages including:

  • Commercial General Liability, Business Auto Insurance
  • Foreign Voluntary Workers Compensation with Assistance Services, Employers Liability and Travel Accident and Sickness
  • Kidnap, Ransom & Extortion
  • Property, Crime, Political Risk and Cargo

*Other names for Foreign Package are international package, exporters package, cross border package, and international insurance.

Controlled Master Program

Controlled Master Programs
extend Foreign Packages to include policies issued in other countries where the insured has subsidiaries registered and doing business.  Policies issued in those other countries will be subject to the premium taxes of those countries, which is a significant compliance issue. 

Insurance premium taxes in some important European countries exceed 20%.  Loss payments from local policies will generally not be subject to local income tax. Property loss payments from insurances outside the country may be subject to local income tax. 

Contact us today for more information about Foreign Packages and CMPs or complete our quote form